Skip to main content

Ghost Ship of Katze Plains (part 2): 60-70/100

Even though it was confirmed that we were an enemy once the skeletons were destroyed, it still spoke to use, most likely to buy some time until it was ready to do something else. Even if we assume that their wife is someone of the same or slightly higher rank, I don't think there is anything that would put Narberal or me in danger. In that case, I should conclude that it would be more beneficial to help buy the other person some time. 

"Are you the undead in charge of this ship, or rather the Captain?"

As if recognizing Ainz for the first time, the Elder Lich's sword moved. It was clear that it had caught Ainz's eye and the movement stopped. 

"Oh!", Ainz sighed.

That's pretty clever. He starts the conversation and then stays silent. It's certainly a good way to buy time.

"How Rude, for a low-ranking undead to refuse Ainz-sama's question." (nabe)

"Nabe, be quite." (ainz)

"excuse me." (nabe)

He could sense Narberal bowing to Ainz from behind. At the same time, the undead provisionally named "Captain" in front of me began to tremble violently.

'Did he recognize my strength just by looking at me? Maybe he's using some kind of detection magic? That's rude, but that is smart. This will allow us to negotiate on various matters.'

"What?! What a handsome undead!" (captain)

"huh?" (ainz)

Ainz couldn't believe his ears. 

"You bastard! Just because you're better looking than me, you act all high and might! I'm going to destroy you, I'm going to destroy you!" (captain)

"What is this?"

Ainz was confused for a moment by those words. Despite being undead, he has never heard them from anyone outside of Nazarick. Are they acting or trying to put me off guard? The Elder Lich looked serious, he genuinely looked angry.

I understand the aesthetic sense id different for each person, but when I'm complimented by someone who had a different aesthetic sense than I do, I feel more skeptical than embarrassed. However, what Ainz felt went beyond that, a feeling of doubt about the other person's sanity.

<fireball>, the captain released his magic.

Various thoughts flowed through Ainz's mind, such as whether the scimitar he was holding was for decoration, or whether its method of attack meant that it was simply an Elder Lich, or perhaps the equipment was rare and therefore desirable. 

The fireball expanded, but there was no way that third-tier magic could damage Ainz. If Narberal was hit, it probably wouldn't be a big deal. That said, the fact that Narberal was close enough to receive some damage is enough to make me feel a little uncomfortable, but he suppressed his emotions.

"I can't believe they'd use a fireball on a ship." Ainz said confidently.

Since it's a wooden ship and it's undead, fire is most likely its weakness. Considering that, he should have chosen a different spell, but the fact that he didn't means that the undead on this ship and this guy don't have a cooperative relationship.

There was no way an Undead Captain would lose himself to anger that much, so I shouldn't have to worry about annoying them. Although, I'm not sure what will happen to the ship if the Captain dies, so I can't attack. 

Ainz had come to obtain this ghost ship, so the ship takes first priority and the undead captain is second. While Ainz was muttering to himself, the Undead Captain made no attempt to pursue him. Was it because he had calmed down after seeing his enemy unfazed by fire attacks, which were supposed to be their weakness? Or was it because they felt something mysterious?

The Undead Captain spoke again, glaring warily at Ainz and Narberal. As if trying to get information he said:

"Hmmm, My wife is completely resistant to fire! There is no way she'll take damage from an attack like that!"

We should take this claim with a grain of salt. Most New Worlders believe Skeletal Dragons are completely immune to magic, but in reality it only applies to 6th tier and below. For all they know, the ship might only be immune to fire attacks 4th tier and below. The odds of them finding a 5th tier caster is increadiably low. 

Ainz was taken aback by the reply, which came in a louder voice than before and contained a touch of mockery. There was only one thing that Ainz didn't understand...

"Wife?" (ainz)

For a moment I was confused, but then realized the Elder Lich was pointing to the ship.

'There are some people that name weapons and items after women, is it something like that?'

At that moment, Ainz heard the faint sound of bones clicking beneath his feet, below the deck.

'I see, as expected of an undead. He's calm, so that's his aim when he shouts. He pretends to be angry, and by shouting he focuses attention on himself, and at the same time masks the sounds of reinforcements arriving.


"What's wrong? You can't even speak to the beauty of my wife!"

I don't know what kind of strategy they have in mind, but this is my first step. It is unclear where this ghost ship is not joining the battle because it is waiting for us to let our guard down, or because it cannot attack without orders, or maybe it can't attack once we boarded. Either way, it does us no good leaving it alone. 

Ainz directed his power to control the undead towards the ship.  Although I didn't have much capacity to spare, I was able to get it under control without any problems. I guess the level itself isn't that high after all, but Ainz felt joy for obtaining a rare undead.

"Ah,aaaah" Suddenly, the Undead Captain groaned.

Before Ainz could think of a reason for it, the answer was shouted.

"Hey, I was cuckolded!"

A more pg-13 translation would probably be "Hey, I was cheated on!" However, considering what happens next... 

It was a heartbreaking cry. Just like Ainz, an Undead should be able to suppress excessive emotions. However, the voice seemed to go beyond that. Well, I guess when it happens to Ainz there is still a moment before it kicks in. Is it the same thing?

"Oh, that's too much! Being taken by an undead with no skin, AHHHH!"

The rage has yet to subside.

"I was cuckolded!"

He literally says netora reta (寝取られた) as in Netorare, meaning someone slept with his wife.

 

I wonder if this is a "translation" issue in the New World. The Captain might have said "You took advantage of my wife", but it was translated as "cuckold" to Ainz? Either way, I can sort of see where the Captain is coming from. Undead Domination allows you to control another undead against their will. They can't even lie to their controler, so it is a bit messed up. For undead that can't bonk, this is probably about as close as they could get. So, maybe the translation works?  

 

'I was cuckolded, Shut up!', Ainz yelled in his mind.

'What do you mean cuckold? How rude, why are you treating me like I've cuckolded you?'

"Of course." (nabe)

Narberal took two steps forward and stood in front of Ainz like a scout. Ainz couldn't help but gaze upon her imposing back, then realize what she had said... Narberal agreed that Ainz has stolen his Undead away.

"Ehh?!?" (ainz)

It's incomprehensible. The Undead Captain is unaware of Ainz's abilities.  It's possible that such a misunderstanding occurred after about 10,000 steps, but Narberal is different. In other words, there is no way she would be mistaken. Therefor, Ainz had no idea what Narberal was thinking.

"All undead belong to Ainz-sama. The rare the undead, the more this becomes a given!" (nabe)

"Is that oblivious?" (ainz)

The Undead Captain let out a blood-curdling screen. In contrast, it was no different from a human.

"Of course", Narberal said proudly.

The exchange unfolding before Ainz's eyes seemed like something far away, he couldn't take it in. However, he was not allowed to remain a third party forever. 

"That's right, Ainz-sama." (nabe)

Narberal turned around. Although it might have been Ainz's imagination, her eyes were sparkling, as if asking for consent. I don't want to confirm it. However, as ruler of Nazarick, he should accept responsibility. If I didn't say yes, how would Narberal feel as she looked at me with eyes full of trust and expectation?

My thoughts swirl around and around. Conflicted, Ainz gasped out his answer.

"Saying all undead is an exaggeration. Shalltear, Nigredo, and Yuri... It sound like you are saying those people are mine too."

Narberal eyes widened and she said:

"I see, you are probably right. I seem to have forgotten about them. Let me correct that.

No, you don't have to correct it. Ainz's wish was in vain, as Narberal loudly declared:

"All undead not created by the Supreme Beings below to Ainz-sama, you were merely given the leftovers!"



"Oi, you're not satisfied with just stealing my wife body, you're trying to steal me as well! Am I supposed to be the side man?"

"Stop it already! Stop talking about me cheating on you and being a cheater!", Ainz yelled.

All of the excitement and emotion I felt towards a rare undead vanished in an instant. 

<Fireball>

Ainz was instantly engulfed in flames.

"Die!" (undead captain)

To be honest, I thought the crazy statements like "he's the other man" and "he stole my wife's body" were a lie. I originally thought they were meant to reduce tension and fighting spirit, but the worlds of the Elder Lich told me that was not the case. 

When Ainz and the others appeared again unharmed, he seemed to become wary and stopped speaking midway.

"Hmm. You must have known that your previous use of that adorable magic didn't do much damage right? Yet you still chose to use the same attack? Does that mean you're incompetent?"

Of course, Ainz was just acting.  He was simply acting out the arrogance of an overwhelmingly strong enemy. I'm not seriously making fun of you. Elder Liches themselves are not rare, but a Captain Undead is intriguing. Besides, I have yet to obtain an Elder Lich born in this world, so I want to somehow get it under my control. Does that mean we should just take control of the undead like I did with the Ghost Ship? That's not the case. Even Ainz, who specialized in controlling undead still had limits to how many he could control.

Ainz has had undead under his control for a long time, so he didn't have much room for that. Even though it's somewhat rare, I don't feel like using <Undead Domination> on something like an Elder Lich. Instead, I will make them realize that they are an opponent that they can never beat.

One way would be to offer the other party some benefits, but that would be pretty difficult when he's being treated like a cheater. Or rather, I want to change the atmosphere.

"This guy is strong!"


"I guess that's no good... Anyways, could you already stop with that? It takes away my energy and kills my motivation. If that's your aim, I'll praise you for it, so please stop."

"Almost all of the undead below to Ainz-sama, so you are the one who is the cheater." (nabe)

Narberal... 

"Damn you! Damn you!"

It was a voice filled with tremendous resentment. It almost seems as if tears of blood are flowing from his eyes. There was no sign of anything special happening, so it seems that he was not actually casting a curse. I don't mean a literal curse, but it was the same way humans express emotions. However, because Shalltear is similar, the human expression doesn't feel so rare.

"What do you want to do Ainz? are you happy that you now have control of this ship?", Narberal asked.

From her point of view, there was no reason not to destroy the undead that attacked Ainz, so she would have immediately killed him. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost Ship of Katze Plains (part 2) - 6/100

  "Wow!" Because Hamsuke was climing the wall, Ainz's body was not twisted around Hamsuke and was horizontal to the ground. If I hadn't been able to activate the [Fly] spell using the magical item, there by freeing myself from gravity, it would been quite a difficult situation. If Ainz were to fall from this height, would his body sustain any damage? The answer is no. However, I must absolutely avoid letting third parties see the foolish sight of him rolling off Hamsuke. I must avoid tarnishing the reputation of the Adamantite-class Adventurer, Momon. Although, I never actually fallen off a horse, so I don't know if it would really damage my reputation. On the other hand, one might think that since he's riding a powerful beast like Hamsuke, it's inevitable that he would make such a mistake, but that's probably not the case.  Of course, Ainz had a lot say. To be honest, Ainz has a very low opinion of Hamsuke as a mount. Something like Soul Eaters are mu

Ghost Ship of Katze Plains (part 2) - 13/100

Is it okay, if I attack in a way that would damage the broken tower?  As Momon, I have to wear my Armor, so I can't use area attacks or magic, so I couldn't do it even if I wanted to. Of course, it would be different if I used an item, but I had no intention of exposing my hand unnecessarily. Therefore, it would be best for Narberal not to participate in this battle until the very last moment. (I wonder how many times Momon, an Adamantite-class adventurer, has helped people... Even though Momon isn't particularly friendly with Nazarick, helping people in small ways will never go to waste and will continue to be important in the future.) The easiest way to get into the depths of Katze Plains is to travel through the broken tower. I never thought I'd encounter Skeletal Dragon at the top of the tower. Ainz tries to grasp the situation regarding the Skeletal Dragons and the group of people who appear to be adventurers. If you hit it sideways, you'll be in trouble.   How

Ghost Ship of Katze Plains (part 2): 14-25/100

Originally, or rather, the technique he used in the royal capital, was a technique in which he swung his sword with all his might, then used the centrifugal force to spin around and return to the original position. Although I call it a technique, in reality, it wasn't a technique at all. in the first place, it was just a result of him accidentally losing his balance during a fight and the momentum resulted in an acrobatic movement.  It was a technique that would not be surprising if he was scolded for swinging his sword in a way that would throw him off balance. However, if he didn't prepare at least one martial art, there might come a time when he wouldn't be able to hide it, so he trained dozens of times to master the technique. To be honest, it doesn't work that well, but when it does it's a pretty cool move. That's it. It's just a spinning slash, and there's no doubt that it would be stronger if you just put your hips in and slashed with all your mig