Skip to main content

Ghost Ship of Katze Plains (part 2): 36-45/100

It may be more efficient to use an Undead with greater power. However, there are several benefits to using Elder Lichs. 

1st, Ainz can create more if they are destroyed.
2nd, they won't be attacked by unintelligent undead and less likely to be attacked by other undead.
3rd, they appear here naturally, so they are less likely to be connected to the Sorcerer Kingdom.
4th, they can easily move around with <Fly>.
5th, they are considered strong in this world, so they are capable of fighting and can be used to bait unknown third parties.

Number 3 is the most important. If strong undead were brought from Nazarick and unlikely found in Katze Plains, any powerful being would be on guard. If you had the choice between being wary of or being looked down on, Ainz would choose the latter. 

Ainz uses magic to create armor and weapons to return as Momon. Next, he holds a staff in his hand that resembles a skull with a spine attached to it. The Elder Liches borrowed Data Crystals from Ainz Ooal Gown. Although they contain magical power, they are not used for any specific purpose.

To be honest, I'm very confused about this part. I don't really understand the skull staff or why he gave them data crystals. I doublt checked it thinking maybe I missed a column when righting it down, but I still don't get it.

If they were investigated, the enemy would likely become suspicious, but they would have been in a very difficult situation and would not have the time to worry about it, so I haven't thought that far. 

With all the preparations done, I finally opened the door and stepped out into the world. The Elder Liches and the others followed suit. Ainz pointed the staff he was holding at the line of Elder Liches. 

"Just tell me your number"

Following Ainz's orders, the Elder Liches began to raise numbers, these were the individual identification numbers given to them instead of names.  Ainz wrote them all down in his notepad. A talented person might be able to remember them, but Ainz cannot.

"Okay, once every few hours I'll send a <Message> to each member. Report anything you find. Don't worry about norm undead, but report special undead and buildings. 

It is clear, that this is too big of a gap. For example, if you discover a zombie wearing armor, can you say that it is a special undead? The answer is no. In this land where there are many cases of adventurers and soldiers turning into zombies, it is not at all uncommon to see Zombies clad in armor.

So what about Yggdrasil? 


The POP monsters or normal zombies were , were cosmetic monsters wearing tattered clothes. When Ainz heard the word "normal zombie", the first thing that came to mind was the familiar Yggdrasil Zombie. The monsters created by Ainz were born with some understanding of Ainz's intentions and circumstances, but it also shares some of what it considered to be common sense.

However, I don't believe people here will find armored zombies unusual, but what if zombies here were wearing armor made from Yggdrasil, which is highly unlikely. In this way, it is impossible to draw a clear line as to what constitutes something special.

If that were the case, it might mean investigating all the associated items that come up to prevent something like that from happening, but I can't even imagine how much time that would take for each zombie. 

While the Elder Liches that were called her were created by Ainz, they are still a fighting force for Nazarick. Using it in an inefficient manner is out of the question. It would be more cost-effective to carry out a search using vague orders, and then switch to more specific methods if that doesn't produce any results. 

"Now, please take one item at a time, starting with the lowest number."

It's a pain to point my wand at them every time I give an order, but it's for the sake of making an appearance.  When doing so, be sure to note who has what. Notes are important, especially when my head is so full like this.

If I were to use this type of operation frequently in the future, I would take pictures of only the items I would use, but then I would have to take pictures from all four directions, which would mean a lot of photos, I wonder if it's worth the resources consumed...

Grumbling to himself, Ainz sighed as he frantically tried to remember the appearance of the item he had given them. Because I've packed so much information into my head already, my memory capacity is hitting its limits. 

Ainz let out another sigh, despite not breaking Ainz couldn't help but feel like something was leaking out. For now, this completes the preparations. 

'Well, we have the magic sealing crystals, so even if something does happen, we can at least hide it'.

Remember how the Magic Crystals make a huge explosion when you break them? I think Ainz basically gave them magic crystals to blow themselves up in case something happens... maybe?

Following Ainz's brief command, "Go", the Elder Liches used <fly> to rise to the sky and each one scattered in different directions. 

"Um, well..."

While Ainz was watching the Elder Liches take off until they disappeared into the mist, Narberal suddenly spoke to him timidly, in a manner uncharacteristic of her usual self.

"We will wait for now."

Ainz replied, raising his hand slightly, then pointed with his chin towards the entrance of the tower.

Narberal alone would have been enough, but for some reason, Hamsuke followed suit. With the help of Ainz and Narberal, Hamsuke was able to get inside and close the door.

This is a reference to how they had to squeeze hamsuke inside the first time.

"Well, now I don't have to worry about being watched, but what's wrong?"


"Ah, yes... ah well, I don't disagree with Ainz-sama's opinion, but ah... I am absolutely certain that the undead Ainz-sama created will not fail in this task, but considering there may be unknown merchants in this land, I'm a little... No, maybe saying a little is rude.", said Narberal.

I'm not sure exactly what she's saying, but I think what she is trying to say is that they are worried about the military strength of the Elder Liches. The reason she couldn't understand it clearly was because the beings he summoned was the Elder Liches created by Ainz. If they were Elder Lich POP Monsters from Nazarick, people would have asked about it normally.

'In the end, the position of the undead I created is a delicate one, isn't it?'

Basically, the npcs like nabe don't want to offend Ainz by saying his elder liches might be weak.

The undead created by Ainz are lower than NPCs. I guess he's one of those people who can't accept it. While silently giving Narberal one point as a member of society, Ainz feels a sense of closeness with her and tells her about the merits he has been thinking about earlier. 

Naberal, who had been listening to this in silence, let out a deep sigh of admiration. 

"As expected of Ainz-sama. Have you already taken my thoughts into consideration?"

"Yes. This time, I thought it through very carefully and chose the Elder liches. Well, if it had been Albedo or Demiurge, they are superior, so they might have thought of other associates or methods, but that's about it for me."

Narberal gave a rather troubled smile. I can kind of understand why, it was unusual for Ainz to say what he was thinking and being honest about it, but for some reason the NPCs always took it as sarcasm. 

'Oh! You're so sharp. Normally you wouldn't be able to see through my thoughts like this right? Maybe the special magical effect of this place is speeding up my mind as an undead!  Ugh, It's impossible to be thinking something like this.'


"Ah, no I'm serious, but well whatever. Narberal, it's great that you are trying to think of a sixth option in this operation and propose it, isn't that the right attitude?"

This is something that absolutely needs to be said. In fact, I have said this many times before.

'Since Ainz has already thought that far, let's not ask any strange questions in the future.'

It would be very troubling to be judged in such a way. That's why we must praise Narberal and encourage her to ask questions in similar situations in the future, so next time they might point out things that I've missed. 

"Rather than simply following the idea of your superiors, you should think things through on your own, and when there are things that you don't understand or have doubts about, try asking questions. That attitude is wonderful, and is desirable for someone in a position of authority. That's exactly what Narberal was like earlier, she's great!"

I don't have the vocabulary, I should have said something more appropriate and quicker, but nothing could come to mind. 

"Great, shall we?"

"Great! Absolutely Great!"

It's momentum. Or rather, it's nothing but momentum.

"Great! Narberal is great!"

"Oh, Um."

"Good job! Good Job Narberal!"

"Ah, Ainz-sama, please forgive me for that."

Narberal's face was red as she looked down and spoke in a small voice.

Did Ainz just riz up Nabe? o.o


"Oh, really?"

"Y...Yes..."

The two of them became silent. Ainz began to regret that he had been a bit too persistent. It wasn't my intention to say it sarcastically or to embarrass Narberal, but it would be bad if he came across that way. It's difficult praising your subordinates as a boss.  How do bosses typically praise their subordinates? I would like to use this as a reference.

'I've read books on how to be a good boss, but I haven't found any that have concrete words to praise my subordinates, or maybe I just haven't come across them yet...'

Is it really worth reading business books that aren't specific? No maybe it's my fault for not learning what I need from that experience. While Ainz was musing on this, the atmosphere did not change. Frankly, this atmosphere was unbearable.

Next to him was Hamsuke giving the expression `What about me? What about me?`, but I ignored Hamsuke who was squirming. Ideally, Hamsuke should be used here. Maybe she will bring up a suitable topic to change the mood, and then Narberal can speak to Hamsuke brining her back to her usual self.

However, since coming to this place, Hamsuke has been muttering to herself more than usual whenever she's alone, so I'm a little afraid to start a conversation with her.

The orb is probably becoming more active due to the negative energy and bothering Hamsuke.

It seems like there is something invisible here, it's not like there is an invisible undead, so maybe it is because they are sad? I have to fulfill my responsibilities as pet owner... When we get back to Nazarick, we might need to throw him a ball and play. 

She already has the ball ainz... your forgot about the death orb!

I know I'm being a bit forceful here, but...

"Ahem! Sorry, I just remembered that I need to do another task. I'm sorry Narberal, but could you please keep watch outside? oh, and Hamsuke too."

 "Yes, I understand, Immediately!"

Narberals reply was extremely good. Without questioning the sudden excuse, she left the tower with even more agility than usual.  Normally he would have given Hamsuke a cold look and forced her to go, but she left by herself this time. 

"Oh, well then my lord. I will be standing outside with Narberal-sama."

"I'm counting on your Hamsuke."

After they left, Ainz was left alone and waited in the tower for a while. This was to allow the Elder Liches some additional time. However, considering the distance, it is difficult to tell how far they have gone.

If possible, I would like to wait while reading a book or something, but if I do that, I feel like all the effort I've put into memorizing the appearances of the items will slip out of my head, so all I can do is endure the hardships of silence. 

I wonder how many hours have passed. Although it is hard to see due to the fog, the sun has probably already set. It was bad leaving the two waiting outside. There was no real point in having them wait outside, so I might have been better for them to wait inside. That said, it is possible that he would have lost his concentration if they stayed inside.

Ainz focused on the Elder Liches that had been sent out. To be precise, he tried to sense his own undead around here. Unlike the area around E-Rantle, the only undead around here were the ones mentioned earlier, so I was able to get a general sense of their location.

They are widely scattered. Considering the vastness of Katze Plains they still had a far way to go, but for now, I sent them a <message> to ensure everyone was safe. Ainz contacted each of them, and most replied saying they hadn't found anything special... except for one who found something unusual.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost Ship of Katze Plains (part 2) - 6/100

  "Wow!" Because Hamsuke was climing the wall, Ainz's body was not twisted around Hamsuke and was horizontal to the ground. If I hadn't been able to activate the [Fly] spell using the magical item, there by freeing myself from gravity, it would been quite a difficult situation. If Ainz were to fall from this height, would his body sustain any damage? The answer is no. However, I must absolutely avoid letting third parties see the foolish sight of him rolling off Hamsuke. I must avoid tarnishing the reputation of the Adamantite-class Adventurer, Momon. Although, I never actually fallen off a horse, so I don't know if it would really damage my reputation. On the other hand, one might think that since he's riding a powerful beast like Hamsuke, it's inevitable that he would make such a mistake, but that's probably not the case.  Of course, Ainz had a lot say. To be honest, Ainz has a very low opinion of Hamsuke as a mount. Something like Soul Eaters are mu

Ghost Ship of Katze Plains (part 2) - 13/100

Is it okay, if I attack in a way that would damage the broken tower?  As Momon, I have to wear my Armor, so I can't use area attacks or magic, so I couldn't do it even if I wanted to. Of course, it would be different if I used an item, but I had no intention of exposing my hand unnecessarily. Therefore, it would be best for Narberal not to participate in this battle until the very last moment. (I wonder how many times Momon, an Adamantite-class adventurer, has helped people... Even though Momon isn't particularly friendly with Nazarick, helping people in small ways will never go to waste and will continue to be important in the future.) The easiest way to get into the depths of Katze Plains is to travel through the broken tower. I never thought I'd encounter Skeletal Dragon at the top of the tower. Ainz tries to grasp the situation regarding the Skeletal Dragons and the group of people who appear to be adventurers. If you hit it sideways, you'll be in trouble.   How

Ghost Ship of Katze Plains (part 2): 14-25/100

Originally, or rather, the technique he used in the royal capital, was a technique in which he swung his sword with all his might, then used the centrifugal force to spin around and return to the original position. Although I call it a technique, in reality, it wasn't a technique at all. in the first place, it was just a result of him accidentally losing his balance during a fight and the momentum resulted in an acrobatic movement.  It was a technique that would not be surprising if he was scolded for swinging his sword in a way that would throw him off balance. However, if he didn't prepare at least one martial art, there might come a time when he wouldn't be able to hide it, so he trained dozens of times to master the technique. To be honest, it doesn't work that well, but when it does it's a pretty cool move. That's it. It's just a spinning slash, and there's no doubt that it would be stronger if you just put your hips in and slashed with all your mig